Monday, July 23, 2012

This is the reason why...

I think I became most sold on the Sport of ultrarunning when, as a neophyte looking for advice on training, a good friend told me that there is no better way to prepare for an ultra than BIG days in the mountains covering miles.  Turns out I love big days in big mountains covering big miles,  and this is the time of year where I get to call the best days of my life, "training days."

Here are some images taken along the way:

(Cirque of the towers. Wind River Mountains, Wyoming)

(Upper Fremont Glacier in the Wind Rivers from Fremont Peak)

(View of Glacier Park from Great Northern Peak in the Great Bear Wilderness)

(Great Northern ridge line)

(Mike Wolfe hammerin' it in the Mission Mountains, MT)

(Big Sky Country!)

(More of the same. Mission Mountains)

(Summer in Montana)

(Runnable Ridges)


(Swan Mountains, MT)

(Fremont Peak. Objective of the day. Just left of center. 3rd tallest peak in Wyoming)

(A trail runs to it. Titcomb Basin. Wind Rivers, WY.)

No comments:

Post a Comment